It's Been a While...

But Isa’s still writing! I suppose life’s kept me busy and I haven’t been in the mood for sitting down.

So here it’s what I have been up to lately, alla bullet :

  • A and I have discovered the joys of Cairo’s public transport. Yes, you read it properly: we have been travelling in the big M (what can I say, we live dangerously!) and youknowwhat? It’s actually ok. It’s not as smelly/scary/crowded/never on time as I imagined it would be. So, yeah, we survived that one. Unhurt.

  • Eid El Adha came and went. I know when this particular Muslim festivity is approaching because this is what I find when I open my children’s bedroom window.


    Yup. This, my dear reader, is a Cow. In all its glory.

    Now, you know me, I’m a city girl. I don’t know my farm animals very well and up till before I moved to Cairo It would have never occurred to me that one Cow (and not a very fat one, mind you) could excrement so much in the space of fourty eight hours. Its like a constant flow of brown coming out of the thing. My house still smells of Cow shit.

    We called her la Vaca Lola.
    ***Editors note: Animal rights activists, Hindus and simple Cow lovers may find the following text deeply disturbing.

    Sadly la Vaca Lola is no longer here with us. She got executed the morning of Eid, to be cut and butchered right outside my window. A rather messy and bloody affair. Not something I wish to witness another year. Sob.
    …Moving on.


  • Christmas is almost here! And we have a Tree. Yay!


                Merry Christmas Hohoho!


  • And lastly this is something H said to me. Hmmm.
I: Ohhhh, I’m getting old.
H (not even flickering and nodding in agreeent!): Yes, and we will have to put you in the rubbish and buy a new Mama.
I: What?

Kids these days….


0 comments:

Post a Comment